Thursday 6 July 2017

Running repairs

It's about 25 years since we bought our garden shed, and it has given good service.  However, one of the bottom T&G boards had rotted away to the point where replacement was needed.

To the local B&Q superstore to purchase a single piece of pressure-treated timber.  Having identified the requisite plank (which was about 24" longer than I needed, and 18" longer than we could fit into the car) I asked for it to be cut down to size.  "Sorry - we don't cut pressure-treated timber" came the reply.  What to do - endure the hassle of going to somewhere more accommodating, or go home to pick up a saw with which to cut it myself?  Blow that for a game of soldiers - for around a tenner I bought a new Stanley tenon saw (probably less than it would cost to get my current one sharpened - which it needs to be) and cut it to size in the car park.

Replacement of the old board was then quick and easy, and all I need now is to find time to re-coat the shed before winter sets in.




No comments:

Post a Comment